Sunday, March 6, 2022

Bonus Poem: Those Fucking Bastards

 

Page down to watch this video. A New York Times team, including Andriy Dubchak, the freelance journalist who filmed this scene, the photojournalist Lynsey Addario and a security adviser, witnessed the moment that civilians were fired upon in Irpin, just outside Ukraine’s capital, Kyiv.

 

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/06/world/europe/ukraine-irpin-civilian-death.html

 

Those Fucking Bastards

 

Those fucking bastards.

Those fucking bastards.

I keep saying

Just three words.

Something deep down

Makes me hate.

And I’m not

Even the father.

God help us.

God help him,

If he's alive.

God help me.

Help me turn

“Those fucking bastards”

Into something else:

Where are you?

You must act!

Don’t sit back.

Get it, God?

Turn some hearts.

Revive some soul

I still claim

Lives in everyone.

 

Scott L. Barton

No comments:

Post a Comment